Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, January 23, 2006

So I kinda used Amanda's advice and tweaked it a little. I had to make a list of what the girls' strengths and weakness are and then assign them responsibilities according to my list. So instead Amanda gave me a better idea. I started out by making a list entitled "Things Emily does but SHOULDNT do" and I wrote everything done that I should be having the girls do. Then I divided the store into sections and assigned the girls each a section. And they are responsible for those things and the "Emily" list for their area. For example. Making sure there are label clips in place and correct, their area is clean, signs are posted, low stock is monitored and taken care of, shelves are stocked, etc. And then at each quarter they will switch so no one is stuck in one area.
I believe it to be a good plan. And it will work as long as we are constistant, and guess what we will be because no I dont have anything else to do, but stand over their shoulder and make sure they are monitoring their areas. I am so excited. I cant wait for this to start producing results. I'll show them that I can do this! I'll show them that I can be an effective, productive manager without being a bitch. I was told you cant be a successful manager by being nice, and I just dont agree with that. I know I can do this without being harsh. I will be if I have to be, but I dont believe I have to be.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Yay! And now it's completely your idea, too!

I think the key is letting them know you can be a bitch, so they'll know to stay on your good side, and you won't have to be bitchy. I'm learning I need to show that side of me, as well, because I got lip from kids last night and Randal had to come to my rescue.