Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, May 02, 2005

We decided to plant some Violas for those of you wondering. To Amanda's question, we are not allowed vegetables in our backyard. I dont know why but we arent. So flowers and the occasional flamigo will have to do.

I think I suffered a stroke today at work. Actually we have come to call them seizures. It is when we get so frustrated with these girls who work for us that our brain swells and begins to leak out our ear. At least thats how I felt today. i seriously thought I was going to flip out. To start it off I couldnt get payroll to come out right. The computer's figures didnt match my calculations and I dont have any idea why. I do need to get them turned in to our accountant by tomorrow and I have no numbers to fax her cuz I cant get them to come out right. ANd them I have this girl who doesnt know our brain from her butthole cuz I believe that she's thinking with the wrong one. It took her a good five hours to do a simple order on makeup. A task that would have taken me a max of 30 minutes. And that is allowing for customer itteruptions. I keep saying tit would be faster if I just did this stuff myself, but I am delegating more and letting these girls do it. So I was getting frustrated with that, because I know that tomorrow I am just going to have to do it myself anyway. And this same girl checked out a salon client and didnt charge her for the $115 cut and color that she got done. Instead she rang out the 11.90 Redken hairspray and some various nail polishes that added up to $73 or so dollars for which that client left a $10 tip. Now I would think that would tip her off that perhaps this woman had a salon service done but no, she claims that she didnt know. Malu did call me tonight and told me that she was able to contact the client and get the $115. So I dont have to think about that anymore. And then this same girl clocked off a half an hour early saying she didnt feel good and then went back to the salon so a stylist could play with her hair. DONOT leave MY salesfloor and tell me that you dont FEEL good and then go back to the salon. If youdont FEEL good then clock off and GO HOME! So I wrote her up. Twice. In one day. Ralph is gonna have a seizure when Malu tells him that in the morning. I think I am losing my effect or something. They used to be scared of me. Now, I think they are getting comfortable which just doesnt make sense to me cuz I am more of a hard ass now then I ever was before. If anything they should be scared now cuz i could boot them ALL and that store would run fine. But I can tell you this, if I dont get resultas in ONE weeks some people will looking at the want ads. mark my words. I hate firing people but this is riduculous. Maybe that is what they have figured out, that I dont like to do it so they think they are safe. Well, that will be changing. They will ALL know that their heads could be on my chopping block.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Pick out a scapegoat, and make sure the rumor mill knows why she was fired. If that doesn't scare them, then they deserve to be fired.