Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Tuesdays are always better

Yoday was a little as Tuesdays tend to be. Jessica will not speak to me, as if that hurts my feelings any. And I am told that she feels picked on and singled out. But i keep saying that if you are inside my walls then nothing is personal, its just buisness. And I am making that very clear.

And I figured out what was wrong with payroll. Ralph was working on it ALL day and he was startin to freak out like major. Cuz if the stylists wanted to they could get nasty and start demanding HUNDREDS in retro active pay, but it turns out that our numbers were right and I was right about that calculation it was doing that we werent aware of. Every service has a set value in the computer. so if you overcharge say a color which is set at $90 and you charge $100 then you will be on the plus side $20 but then we were running a sale and haircut were at $30 instead of the set calue of $40 so on every hair cut the computer is setting you back the $10. So the numbers in the chart werent reflecting those deviations fromthe set value until it calculated the total of all the services that stylist did. so it wasnt adding up across the table because there wasnt a column that said"this is how much you undercharged/overcharged." SO it is all good and I am a genius. Well, not really but i was pretty proud of myself cuz I figured it out. And I know Ralph was happy cuz he was trippin on this all day and was sure that something was screwed up. This program we use is really awesome and you can do a loy with it but it is not perfect. The company that makes it actually bases its upgrades on our questions cuz apparently we send in the most questions and we find the most flaws with their program, in the world so their upgrades are because we found something wrong with their system. Cool huh? I was looking at their "what's New" update book and there are a couple of things in there that were my questions. I was excited. Dont you think we should get a piece of that profit? I mean it is one of the fastest groing salon programs in the world. I want a piece of that pie! LOL. Anyway, I had a much better day today. so Now I must go to sleep so I can go in tomorrow and do it all agan. Plus Lori's back tomorrow. So I will have PLENTY to do!

No comments: