Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, March 28, 2005

The mirror

Today I got dressed and like I always do, I looked in the mirror to make sure that I didnt look stupid but today was different. My mirror and I have never been good friends. We have VERY different ideas about how one should percieve reality. I prefer imagination from the neck down, and have since about the fifth or sixth grade. My mirror on the other hand has this twisted idea that a true reflection is more beneficial. What does my mirror know anyway? So there is alway a twinge, however slight, at that first glimpse. It doesnt matter what I'm wearing or how good I look there is always that twinge. But this morning, I stood in front of my mirror and I was proud of myself. It was a good thing I hadnt done my make up yet cuz I even teared up a bit. Because this time I saw a person, not a blob in tight jeans. I saw curves and I saw a slimmer waist and I saw what i have been working so hard to achieve thesae last three months. And I was proud of myself. I actually felt good. About me. And that is a feeling I have not felt in a long time. And it just strengthens my resolve all the more. I cant even imagine the feeling I will have in December when I put on that dress. I dont even care what size it is anymore. Because nothing can compare to what I felt this morning. So we are 33 lbs down only 67 more to go.

No comments: