Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 23, 2004

Old habits die hard

So I have never had a job where I get in trouble for working too hard. Rohni and I got talked to again because we too much of the work at the store. Well, THAT is a twist. Apparently, we are not delegaing tasks well enough (or at all for that matter) and we need to stop doing it all ourselves. What they dont understand is that we have a crew of girls who, dont get me wrong they are a sweet bunch of girls, but they are not the brightest. And the things that Rohni and I do are just a bit too much for them. Well, it;s all in the training, so says Ralph. Ok, so now I am a babysitter. It would be faster if I do it and it is done right the first time so that I dont have to tellthem to do t and then have them do it wrong cuz they either didnt understand what I said or they didnt listen, and then I have to end up doing it all over and fixing what they screw up. Cant I just do it and then it will be done and I dont have to clean up after them? SO we are going to sit down and decide what each of the girls are going to be responsible for and Rohni and I can start being managers instead of highly paid employees. Easier sadi than done but we are going to try it their way but I garuntee that it will be back to this is a couple of weeks and we will find ourselves once again being yelled at for doing too much work. Whatever. I am just getting so stressed out. I can feel myself regressing to old ways of dealing with work issues, and we all know how well I handle stress. Poor Matt. He has kind been taing the brunt of it lately. I've been real short with him lately. I fell bad. I apologized to him today. i try not to take it out on him. I really do. But I am back to eating once a day cuz I just dont have time to eat and I am not sleep ing at night because I am constantly thinking about stuf I have to do tomorrow. I need to watch it cuz I know that I have to be more aware of my blood sugar. It was 86 again the other day. I am gong to die. I am going to go into a coma or something. I just dont have time to eat. You know I I think tht whole thing about your body feeding off itself in the state of starvation is false cuz I should have consumed myself by now. LOL. Well I should go to bed. Matt has that cough back that he had at the beginning of the year, so I am going to sleep soooo well the next few days. At least this time he ist gonna wait a month and a half before goin to the doctor.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Emily, you have my permission to kick Matt in the butt to get to the doctor cuz I have always wanted to do that. I am so tired of talking to him on the phone and listening to that darn cough as if he has TB. Please take care of YOURSELF, Ems.

Laurie

Amanda said...

Your boss is right, Emily. You are a MANAGER, you have to learn to MANAGE. And part of doing your job right is to learn how to teach other people how to do the things you are responsible for and to learn how to motivate them to do them well. Don't fix their mistakes, teach *them* how to fix them. They'll try harder if they know that getting it wrong will make more work for them, and you're not going to clean up after them. Provide rewards for a job well done. You can do this.

You WILL do this. Once you don't have to do everything yourself, your stress level will decrease. There will be some, because you are depending on other people, but that will become more comfortable with time, as your employees become more comfortable with their responsibilities. Your job is not more important than you. Take care of *yourself* first, sweetie.