Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

My walls are bare

This moving thing is going to be a real strain on Me and Matthew. We got into an "argument" yesterday about spices, do we keep them, if TMO doesn't move them do we throw them out and buy new? Or do we send them, figuring the cost of postage would be less then the price to replace them? Matthew doesn't want to mail a bunch of stuff home, but some stuff will have to be mailed. TMO doesn't move candles, for example. Well, I have some that were gifts and plus we have the Unity candles from our wedding. Sorry, those are being mailed. No wiggle room on that. I can just see this getting out of control. I started taking things down off the walls, so we can patch holes and scrub down the walls where pictures have been hanging for 4 years and you can tell... I really do want to take this opportunity to purge myself of things that I don't really need, but cant seem to let go. I have a lot of that kind of stuff.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

You have to weigh the cost of memories.
Some things you could never replace. If you'll miss it in five years, send it.

Amanda said...

I liked moving when I was in college - I used it as an excuse to get rid of things I was holding on to. Tough decisions, but worth it in the end.