Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

How's this for freaky?

So my meds came in while mom was here, and to do the injections I have an Autoject 2 which makes it, basically, easier cuz I don't have to do the injecting. I had a little problem in the millisecond before the injection, I would hesitate and numerous times I would have to stop and regroup and do it. This you push a button and its over. And you cant actually SEE it going in, which, when you're doing it yourself, cant be very nerve wrecking. Anyway, I have had this Autojct for YEARS and I really like it. But I am missing a piece, its the little cap that you put in the end that the cap of the syringe goes into (its part #4 on the diagram), so once you have everything put together you pull this piece out and it removes the cap so you never touch the needle, and it doesn't touch the barrel of the injector so it stays sterile. Anyway, I have lost this piece over the years (there is a CHANCE there is one under the fridge, but I don't know) Anyway, I looked into replacing this piece, but you cant, you have to buy a whole new injector, which is close to $50. I looked. And I didn't want to pay $50 for that little piece. So I said forget it. It isn't that big of a deal, I just take the cap off the needle before I assemble the injector, it slows me down, but its better than spending $50. So I mentioned that mom was here because she arrived home in Iowa today to a small package, for me, sitting on the porch. So she called this morning to let me know she was home and to tell me that I sent this package to the wrong address (which I have done with a Target order) I was like, "I didn't order anything." She's like, "It's an AutoJect thing, isn't that what you were looking for?" "Yes, but I didn't order one, it was too expensive." "oh, well, this one is for Betaseron." "But I didn't order one." How freaky is that? While I was looking for a new AutoJect 2, one just shows up on Mom and Dad's porch addressed to Emily Whitmer. Seriously, I am freaking out, isn't this weird? I didn't go to the Betaseron site, I didn't order one, and there it is. Crazy!!!!!

No comments: