Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 08, 2008

My Favorites

I have been relying on other people to pass on the pictures I have been taking. I feel like Hayden has been attached to my boobs 20 hours out of the day so it doesn't leave much for anything else. We had to resort to the nipple shield and it has helped him tremendously, and I don't want to die anymore, so we are focusing on getting him back to his birth weight, so eating is all we do. He was 8 lbs 1 oz on Monday, so we are almost there, but he is a little behind on his weight gain yet. So that is our focus, so we eat on demand, and that seems to be all the time. I wonder what the recovery period is for breast milk replenishment? Eh, we're dealing. He does really good at night. The last couple night have been rough, he was pretty fussy and we didn't get to sleep until 5 am. But once he does get to sleep he sleeps for 4 to 5 hours at a time. Our challenge is the daylight. He doesn't have the darkness to let him know its night time, so at 9 pm we go up to our bedroom (cuz its the darkest) so he has that trigger. He doesn't know what time it is. So that is our newest challenge. That and he doesn't seem to be to comfortable with Matthew. I know they haven't had a real chance to bond, so Hayden fusses when ever I give him to Matthew. It is really bothering Matthew cuz he thinks that his son hates him. And then he gets all worked up and impatient with Hayden, which I think only feeds Hayden's reaction. I keep trying to tell him to stay calm, and just be patient but that's like trying to knock down a wall with water balloons. You cant get through and you just end up with a big mess. It seems like he thinks I am being condescending or something, but I am really just trying to get him to calm down so Hayden calms down. So we have to work on that too. I have started pumping so that Matthew can feed him when he is home, hoping that helps with the bonding. I just kinda wish Matthew had a bit more patience... I think I know who is responsible for that..wink, wink ;). So anyway, here are some of my favorite pictures.










1 comment:

Amanda said...

Daddy/Son feeding time is a great idea. May it be the beginning of "Man Time"!