Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, May 24, 2008

What a night

Goodness, what a horrible night we had. I couldn't get Hayden to eat or to sleep. He would have his eyes closed for a minute and I would get all relaxed and doze off (yes, in a minute's time) and he would wake back up. After this happening at least 18 times, I was tired and frustrated... so I called Matthew to take him downstairs so I could get some sleep. I just couldn't take it anymore, and that's what he is here for (when he is here). It is one of the good things about him working nights cuz he doesn't lose any sleep (on the weekends) if I need him to watch the kid at night. Anyway, he said he couldn't get Hayden to eat or sleep either and got to the point where he just let Hayden cry himself to sleep. I am glad he did it, cuz I wouldn't have been able to let him cry like that. But it worked and he slept all night in his car seat. So I think that Matthew may have laid the groundwork for transitioning him from our bed, with me :(, to sleeping in his car seat. We'll see how it goes this weekend. I, on the other hand, had a GREAT night. I slept on my stomach for the first time in months. And I am a stomach sleeper so you can understand how happy this made me. I dint hear any crying...I was a rock. Speaking of rocks, though. A small downside to being dead to the world is that I didn't feed Hayden at all from 2am to 8:30 when I finally drug myself out of bed, not because I wanted to, but because I had to, very large, rocks on my chest in place of my boobs. I haven't been that engorged since my milk first came in! SO that is a downside, but the sleep made up for it! Oh, he's waking up, I had better go.

No comments: