Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, May 26, 2008

Cigarette Smoke vs. Dog Crap

So which is worse? If we blow our fans from front to back, we get our neighbors smoke blowing through our house (both sides smoke). If we blow the fans from back to front, we don't have the smoke problem cuz we have a dual direction fan so if they come out the back to smoke we can switch to exhaust, but it blows in the dog crap smell from their back yard. If you'll remember about a year ago, I posted about the neighbor's backyard being all dirt cuz their dog had killed all the grass, and the dirt was blowing through the window, well, same issue. No grass will grow in that dirt now and they don't come out to clean up the poop each time the dog craps. So It is a choice between cigarette smoke and dog crap smell (I am trying to ignore the thought of the crap particles that are also being blow into my home.) I hate neighbors. I CANNOT wait till we don't live in a house attached to someone else's. Not only that, but if we had air conditioning, none of this would be an issue!!! I wouldn't have to keep the windows open and have fans going. I know that an air conditioner wouldn't eliminate the smells completely but it would be better than this! I am seriously considering writing them a letter or something asking them to clean up after their dog in a timely manner. But I don't know what good it would do. They obviously don't care how their actions effect other people, but if I do nothing nothing will change. But when it comes to dealing with it, at least the smell of dog shit wont give my son asthma or hurt his lung development. I am just trying to keep him in the dining room area, and away from the window. I hate neighbors. No, I miss our neighbors that just moved out, the ones after the dog people who killed the lawn, and before these new ones. They were quiet and courteous. We basically didn't even know they were there. Too bad they didn't stay very long...

No comments: