Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, November 18, 2007

I can add to my work frustrations, yesterday, Connie and I were the only people (out of five scheduled) to show up for work yesterday. I was so pissed. You dont not go to work on a Saturday!!!! So as a result I have to work today, my day off, my only day I get to spend all day with Matthew. My feet hurt so bad from being on them for 8 straight hours yesterday, cuz we were SOOOO busy. And no one else was willingly to come in to work, so my conscience wouldnt let me say no to Marie, even though they dicked me over on the game night thing. Why should I bend over backwards for you, if you are not willing to give me anything in return? And why couldnt Connie do it? Because she is starting her 9 days ff? She JUST had a four day weekend LAST weekend end so that means I have to work 6 days a week!?!? I can tell you right now I am going to be sitting most of today. I am tired and my feet hurt. And I am doing you a favor. Cant wait to hear what they say about Tuesday's Dr's appnt. Especially with Connie off. But I was just doing guest services anyway, and I am still going in, just leaving for a few hours in the middle. I will walk right out if they say anything to me. If I miss this appointment, I dont get another one until January!!! This is my baby!!! Anyway, to add to it yesterday, Saturdays are my days when I get to leave early and dont have to close. But since there were only two of us, I did have to close. And these stupid ladies from Oklahoma (dont sing they dont deserve it!!!!) came in at 5 till six (closing time) and browsed. For nothing in particular. And Connie did nothing to urge them along and she is SO slow. By the time they got to check out its like 15 after, but Connie is old and slow and we didnt start counting down the registers until 6:45. Game starts at 7:15. And then my drawer wouldnt balance so I had to fix that. OH, and this lady totally yelled at me, like flat out yelled at me and hormones and all made me cry. And then I get to the game that has already started and there are NO parking spots left. And I had to park like a mile away on the other side of the baseball field and walk through the ice and the snow... I was crying again, I almost turned around and went home. But I didn't. I stayed and had fun, saw Steven Tyler, we won in overtime. But it didnt make up for the crappy day. Jen is surprised how disillusioned I am already. Usually new employees are still fawning over working there. But I had to remind her that I have a higher expectation then most people. I worked in a shitty environment for two years, I can recognize the signs. And I will not let this become that. I dont think it will, I can just see things that I know shouldnt be happening, and I want them fixed. If you cant show up for work without so much as a call, you shouldnt be working. If you call in at least twice a week, we need to find someone to replace you, who will come in to work. and number one DONT SCREW OVER THE ONE GOOD EMPLOYEE YOU HAVE!!!!! Give them what they want and they will continue to be your bet employee. Screw them over and you can start coming in to work when none of your employee show up and no one is willing to go above and beyond. And you stand there scratching your head wondering what happened. Its not that I'm disillusioned, its that I am practical, informed and fair and I expect the people I work with to be the same. Maybe that is too much to expect, but I think it is a sad state of affairs when I have to stop expecting people to be fair. And the thing that irks me most is that I am supposed to still be in bed with my husband. this is the one day we can jut be together. I would be home from church, changed and back into bed without him even waking up. And then we would let the kitties in to cuddle and watch some Friends and then we were going to go out for breakfast. Now I lost that day. And those days are so limited now. Once the baby comes, I doubt we will have leisurely mornings to lay in bed and watch TV... This just sucks. The only thing that makes this tolerable is that Marie's actually pays overtime, time and a half and when this pay period is all said and done I will have a pretty penny in overtime pay, thanks to last nights suckiness, today' suckiness and the Day after Thanksgiving!!!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Just because you're new, don't be afraid to negotiate. If you do a favor, call it in when you need one. You know where the line is between being flexible and letting them walk all over you. Make sure they know you know it.