Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, February 21, 2005

I love sales

There is this pair of boots I have been DYING to have since I saw them in the fall Delia's catalog. But they were too expensive. Then I saw that the Famous Footwear above our store had them but they were $80 and I couldnt bring myself to spend that money. Not now. So every day I would walk past they and long for them. So I went in there on Thursday and they were on sale for $50. I decided that I ould go ahead and buy them cuz I had about $30 left on the Simon gift card I got from Laurie for Christmas. And they still had my size! I took that as a sign. So I brought them up to the counter and was chatting with the guy and I told him how I had wanted them and didnt buy them and that I walked by everyday on my way to work. He goes, "oh, really? Where do you work?" I said "LA Style. Right below you." He goes, "well, I cant give youa mall discount or anything, but these boots are going to be 50% off tomorrow. I'll just give you the sale today." I almost hugged the man. I was SOOO excited. I was like"you made my whole week!" He was impressed that he made my week. SO I got my $80 boots for $25. You cant beat that! And I have $5 left over; Yay. I will try to find a picture of them so you can see.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I did that once. I still gloat over that coup two years later.