Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 04, 2009

My First Day

...went pretty smoothly. I am working up front as a teller for a couple weeks, so I get the ins and outs of the bank biz before I move to the "back" room. I have my own desk, with my own phone and extension, and computer. Its a lot of little stuff that you have to keep track of, but I did ok. My drawer balanced so it was a successful day. We'll see how much I retain tomorrow, but all in all it went ok for a first day. I am still concerned that the pay will not be enough, but I am hoping that Matthew gets this intern position cuz I don't think he has started, seriously, looking for employment. And we will be needing a second income. I am covering the insurance and probably groceries, so we have cars, utilities and WTC that will need to come from somewhere. I guess that s where most of my disappointment about not getting the clinic job, stemmed from. Yes, it was a commute and I would be paying more for gas, but the Doc would have paid our premiums every month so that wouldnt be coming out of my check. And that was why I was so bummed, for lack of a better word, because it wasnt all disappointment, it was also worry about the pay difference.

We need to transfer our registrations and I don't know how much that will be, but that needs to be done soon. I also need to get my license changed over, now that I am employed in Iowa I can go get that done. Well, that and I have been putting it off cuz I didn't want to do it, but I cant put it off too much longer. If I go in before it expires, I probably wont have to take the test, but if I wait, I'll will have to and I don't want to take it.

So with all of this going on now, I am feeling more like we live here. It seems more like "home". I say "home" cuz its always home but it hasn't been "home" in almost 7 years. I never thought Iowa City would become "home" when I moved there, but it did. I didn't want Alaska to become "home", but it did without my realizing it. So I know, in time, I will feel back at "home" in Wilton. And then where ever we go from here, the same will happen. Anywhere I can hang my pictures will become home sooner or later. Just give me enough time.

No comments: