Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, March 09, 2009

4th Day

Retha didn't come to work today. (I have been training with her) Her cousin, John Whitmer (no relation), passed away and she has to make all the arrangements. What did that mean for Emily? I was on a window by myself today. I was a little nervous, but I only made a couple mistakes, just things I hadn't been shown, and didn't realize that I was doing it wrong. And at the end of the day, my drawer was only over $5, so not too bad. I don't mind working there. I am the new kid and everyone is pretty nice. I got a weird vibe off only one of the girls, but I think she's warmed up to me. I just felt like she didn't want to have to babysit me. So in the beginning, if I needed help, she wouldn't SHOW me, she'd just DO it FOR me. But I can totally understand that. I can relate to not wanting to have to babysit. I know its easier to do it myself...I've been there. But, like I said, she's warming up to me. I feel like I proved something today, that I don't NEED a babysitter. I'm smart, I catch on fast, and I am not going to be a burden. So she was a bit warmer to me today. I'll wear her down, and if not, I'll be in the "back" room soon and not up front. I want to be clear, she isn't mean or rude to me or anything, just kinda tolerates my being there. Like when she's talking, like telling a story, she wouldn't look at me to include me in the conversation with everyone else, but today she did a bit toward the end on the day. So that's progress, I guess.

No comments: