Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, October 28, 2005

I thought my body hated me and wanted to destroy me this morning. I woke up about 7:24 after having a dream about my back hurting, and sure enough when I came to my senses it did actually hurt. So I got up and strentched and went to the bathroom and got back in bed, and I think I angered it then cuz this horrible pain came on. Kinda right by my spine and towards the left, right above my hip. So I laid on my back thinking that would help, but it mmade it worse. So I got up. Thinking if I walked... And i was sweating so bad I thought I would suffocate in the bedroom. Matts fast asleep. So I try to walk and that doesnt help. I am hunched overthe bathroom sink feeling like I'm being ripped in half. Deciding on whether I should have Matthew take me to the ER or not. Basically deciding if I have appedicitis or something else. And so I am hunched over the keyboard trying to look up which side your appendix is on, I can barely type. I cant really move and Amanda and My dad pop in my head at the same time. Kindney stones! Your kidneys are in the back... So I look that up and the symptoms are what I am going through so I crawl downstairs and call Amanda, she would be easier to get a hold of then dad. Blast no answer. I have at least found a breathing pattern that isnt making things worst. So I call mom. Yep, she says sounds like stones. Everyone gets them at least nce in their life right? Amanda calls back. What do I do? Go to the ER or take what I have. She says they will test me to see if thats what it is and by then it might be too late to be any help. So I took some Vicadin, Thank God I had some left. And went back to bed. matt is confused. I thnk at that point it was gone, cuz I went pee right before I call and as I was taling the pain was getting less intense and I have not yet found anything. But that SUCKED. All in all it took about three hours from the start of the dream as best I can figure to going back to bed. Now it seems like a horrible dream, except that I am sore. My back aches like the dull ache I get with bad cramps, just without the cramps. I seriouly thought I was going to pass out or vomit. But I didnt cry or anything, I had a moment of panic towards the beginning.

So how was your morning?

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Suseceptibility to kidney stones is an inherited thing. So everyone doesn't get them.

A little clarification on what I told you (you were in horrible pain, so understandable it didn't quite compute):

There's pretty much nothing you can do except suffer through them. If you had gone to the ER, they would have taken x-rays to see how big they were. If they were passable, you just would have had to suffer in the hospital instead of at home. If they're big enough, they'll sonar them to break them up, and then you'd have to suffer through a whole bunch of them anyway. So it's pretty much take the strongest pain reliever you can and curl up in a ball.

I puked with the pain my first time. You ache for a long time afterwards, so you can't tell when you pass it. I can't tell you how much pee I filtered to find that stupid little stone.

Ems said...

Yeah, I almost passed out. I was really close. I dont throw up anymore, but I was close. but I did almost throw up.