Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Well now I have some time to kill. We have no hot water again. I cant call the office cuz they donr open up until about the time I have to leave for work. We got no notice that they were working on the heaters today. Maybe ours is broke...

Anyway, we have to have a pow wow at work. We are staging an intervention. We have a couple of girls who work for us that are not headed down a good path. They are only 15 and they are getting drunk with these older guys. And its a weekly thing. One of the girls, her mom is a stripper and left her and her dad, and then her dad was sent to prison. So she moved in with this other girl and her mom doesnt care. She's the one who gets them the alcohol. So they have been calling in and showing up with hickeys and getting into trouble. Lori doesnt want to fire anyone cuz we are so close to our busy holiday season. And I dont really want to either cuz then what? They dont have anyone who cares about them, and then we become yet another person who pushed them along and turned away. I know we are not their parents, but their parents dont give a crap. Someone should. Someone should at least try.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I hope it turns out well, though we all know what it's like to be that age. 'Course I went through "that age" in my twenties, so who am I to talk? :)