Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 12, 2005

My Response

Disclaimer: I dont mean to upset or piss anyone off. Dont take what I say personally, just undestand my, our point of view.

I dont want anyone to think that for a second, that my health is not in the front of my mind. I know what is wrong with me and I have to live with that everyday, but I am NOT gong to be the reason Matthew spends the rest of his life doing something he hates. Because while everyone is so proud/happy/excited for him to be in the Air Force, he hates it. There are so many things that you cannot BEGIN to understand because you ahve a civilian life and that is all you know. We have spent the last four days discussing every angle of this decision. Nothing has been decided yet bacause we understand that things could be very different in three years. By then a lot of things will have changed and hell, we might even have a kid to think about by then. We dont know. But He doesnt want to do this forever. And MS or no MS I am NOT going to force him to do it. Matthew knows what he is giving up and he knows what he risks on BOTH sides of the coin. But you cant compare missing a few birthdays cuz you had to go to Illinois on buoisness to missing the birth of your child because you are at war in Iraq or Korea or wherever. That is our reality. And twenty years of waiting for that phone call that will send him to the other side of the world... We are not making a rash decision and in fact we have made no decision. Just because I write it here doesnt mean it is written in stone. I appreciate your input and I know that you are only doing it out of concern, but it is a decision that, when it comes time, we will make on our own. Whatever Matthew does he will be good at. And if he wants to get his degree and work on airliners then that is what he will do and that is what he will be good at. And when he starts classes in the fall you will see that we are not making foolish choices with no thought behind them. This is a world you cannot understand. And I do not need to be reminded of te benefits that he would be giving up. I live with that everyday of my life. Everyday I wonder if this will be the day that I wake upand I cant walk, or if this is the day I will lose my sight. I dont need to be reminded of that. And I am not attacking anyone. I am not trying to be a bitch. And I am truely sorry if I hurt anyone, because I DO know that you are only trying to help, but I must make it clear that we are weighing the pros ad cons. And be happy that we have started three years earlyand not a month before the decision had to be made.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Emily, point taken and I apologize. A mom can NEVER quit worrying about their babies, it human nature. I will be quiet now. :-)

Laurie

I will email you and explain.

Amanda said...

See, I knew that. Somehow my sentence that clarified the implication that I knew you had thought of all those things got deleted.

Sometimes this is such an imperfect medium.