Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, April 11, 2005

Alright I am going to try this again the last three times I have tried to post blogger wouldnt work.

So, Matthew is going to Fairbanks for 6 weeks. Over our first wedding anniversary. I cant say that I'm surprised. I was prepared for this when he told me that he was going to Australia. So I was prepared. I am not happy, but I know that it is part of my job and I knew that it was going to happen. Matthew is going to get out after his six years cuz he cant stand that thought of missing anything else important. He knows people who missed the birth of their first (or any) child. I cant do that by myself! So now we are discussing where we want to go after this. Anyway I have to get ready for work. I will post a better message after work but i am running a bit late today.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Emily, having a job in the private/public sector does not guarantee that parents will be home for important events. I cannot tell you how many times Jim was working out of town and missed birthdays, band concerts, parent-teacher conferences and countless other events in the kids' life. Ironically, most of it affected Matt. I am not giving up hope that Matt stays in, but that is your decision. A full pension and health insurance is not a bad thing at age 38. Not to anger you, but giving you advice from someone who has experienced the ups and downs and realities of life.

Laurie

p.s....please don't take this advice the wrong way...just trying to help.

Amanda said...

As long as you've weighed *all* the pros and cons in your decision. Does he know what he wants to do instead? Does your job offer health insurance that you can switch to if Matt's new job doesn't? Will you have to move? You'll have to move off base, for sure. How will your budget have to change?

Sorry, got carried away there...just the questions that went through my head, so I'm sure they've gone through yours. It sounds all too life altering for my taste, but then, you know me. :)

Anonymous said...

Emily, Amanda brings up an area that concerns me the most. Let us talk realistically and straight to the point. With your health history (MS), health insurance in the private/public sector may cost an arm, leg and who knows what else. Please, please consider these things while you make a decison. Thank you, Amanda, for bringing up EXCELLENT points.

Thrying not to nag,
Laurie