Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, April 04, 2010

Bad Week

I had the wee I have been expecting the past couple weeks. The sucky part is that I thought I was having a good week this week. So this one really stings. I gained a pound, but I lost another % of Body Fat, which is a hallow victory. I know I have to just buckle down and do better this week, but I am so bummed. I really thought I was doing good. I was feeling good. I have at least two pairs of pants that I can take off without unbuttoning them. These things should MEAN something to m, but they don't. Not right now. I wanted the scale to should the results that reflect the way I feel. I got lots of complements this week. People are starting to notice, but it doesn't really mean a whole lot when I gained a pound. I am disappointed in myself, I guess. BUT I am NOT going to let this defeat me! I can't. I have made such progress in the way I think about myself, and the way I think about food... I don't want to slide backwards. I don't. And I know that the only thing that can stop me from doing that is my own desire to keep going forward. This isn't a short term, instant results kind of situation, Emily. It is going to take time and effort and hard work. If it were easy then everyone would be healthy, but it's not, its hard. But everyday is a day to start over. So this week is all about portion sizes, and getting back on track with making my own food and making better food choices. No skipping meals only to overeat later. I will make all my food this week. I will weigh and measure and keep track of EVERYTHING that I put in my mouth. I am going to kick ass next week. I don't care if I hit my burn everyday by just walking, I am still going to work out. I am going to do better this week. I am going to remember that there will always be a stumbling block trying to keep me from my path. I may trip on it, but I will climb over it! Nothing tastes better than a compliment.

No comments: