Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Having An Off Week

I am having an "off week." I cant get myself to work out. I want to be outside in the nice weather and walk, and since it hasn't been nice, I haven't been outside. So I am finding it hard to make myself go downstairs when I really want to be outside. Then these other thoughts creep in my head like, why is it so hard? Am I actually trying to sabotage what I am doing? I wouldn't put it past my brain to try and make me fail in some way. I guess this is my barrier I have to break through. I mean I can always adjust my calorie intake to balance my burn, but I don't want to give into whatever is going on in my head. I want to make this change and I don't want to keep being the thing that stands in my way! I have to find a way. Apparently having the desire isn't enough, at least not for this particular battle. That desire is what is going to ultimately help me over this hurdle, but I have to find what what will make me jump in the first place. I don't want that jumping point to be a bad result on the scale on Sunday. I don't want to wait that long to push through, for one thing. And for another thing, I don't want to HAVE a bad result on the scale. I want to keep moving forward. But I also remind myself that to make a change like this, conquering the mental battles are JUST, if not more, important, at this point in the game, as conquering the physical battles. Unfortunately, the things I know to be true aren't the things that reign supreme in my head. The truth doesn't necessarily mean that it is what sticks in my head, its not the prominent thought, though it should be. One day at a time, right? Just because I have only worked out like once so far this week, doesn't mean that I have failed. It just means that tonight is a new night and I can do more than I have been doing. I am having more difficulty in making my burn, but that shouldn't stop me from trying. I keep saying to myself, it will be better when... or I will do this when... What I really need to say is I am doing this now.

No comments: