Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 13, 2004

Moose 911

I am getting so sick of these political volunteers who are in the skywalk everytime i go to work. "Re you in favor of Propisition2?" Everyday. For those of you NOT up on Alaska politics prop 2 is the bills that is up for vote that would legalize marijuana in the AK. You could have like 2 grams or something like that. Ug, and they keep asking me. I'm like" I dont vote in Alaska". Which is a lie but I dont care. Then there are the Knowles people. They are up there too. Evacuate my skywalk, leaches!

So in other news I almost hit a moose last night. Well, kinda. I saw it about ten feet in front of us on the highway. I was in the far right lane and the other person was ion the far left lane with the moose. They really must not have seen it, cuz they were not slowing down at all. I was trying to yell out the window at them "There's a moose! there's a moose!!!!!" Cuz you dont want to honk and make them look towards YOU at not at the moose. I swear they were only 2 feet from the thing when they slowed down. Now moose dont move for you. You have to move for them. But this one must have gotten scared and ran across the lanes towards my truck. I was ready though and it ran at my truck but i didnt hit it. My heart was beating pretty fast though. It was relatively small. In proportion to other moose that is. I mean it would have killed me, but it didnt have a rack so it was huge like the big bulls around here. A little Alaskan exictement for yall.

Other than that all is the same. Work is getting more stressful. We have AFN coming up, which is the Alaskan Federation of Natives, they have a conventuion in Anchorage every year. They come in from all the little villages inland and spend hella money in the downtown. Millions. So we are gonna be swamped. And then Halloween and we are having a little costume party cuz they open the mallup for trick or treaters so they have a safe warm place to get cany. Then we decorate for Christmas and have our anniversary sale where we put the whole store on 25% off. I wont be here for that. We will be in Orlando. I'm a bit disappointed cuz we have the store chrismas party that Saturday the 4th and we get all dressed up to the nines. In your fanciest dress. :( But its Matt's birthday so I will be with him. Then it is CHristmas time! God, time is going to fly. Whichis good cuz then I am closer to comeing home. We should be home in March. I cant wait. A lot to get through between then and now...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

March 3 is exactly 140 days from now. He he. Did Matt find that stupid song yet? Tell him to try The Hives.
Julie

Amanda said...

That is my new favorite phrase: "Evacuate my skywalk, leeches!" Hee! I shall have to think about where I can use it without sounding like a mad woman.