Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, August 27, 2010

The Day Before Race Day

Who would've thought I would be nerve about doing the Eager Beaver? LOL. It makes me giggle. All those years I thought "Why would anyone get up and do that? For fun?" :) I did the route yesterday to be prepared. I was trying to decide where I would feel comfortable running and where I was going to walk. I have no intention of running the whole thing, but I will run part of it. I am going to rely on Vickie to keep me going on pace. My walking tends to slow down after I run a section so I will need her to push me, but I know she needs me too. But I was in no hurry yesterday and I walked it in about 45 minutes so at least I know I will be done in about 45 minutes. I don't know why I am so nervous. Vickie and I routinely walk 3-4 miles 5-6 times a week, so its nothing out of my comfort zone, except that it is timed, I suppose. When we walk its just us and now there will be lots of people there, but I think it is more the timed aspect than anything. Today is a rest and relaxation day. I am not going to the Y unless I feel like sitting in the Hot Tub, or Steam room or something. I walked yesterday, and I went and worked arms with Matthew last night so i am all set to force myself to take today off. My challenge today will be not feeling guilty about not exercising because if I feel guilty enough I will go and do it anyway and sabotage myself for tomorrow.

No comments: