Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Earthquake

I tried to type this the other day and then ghetto blogger kicked me off so I am going to try it again. Sunday I had my first earthquake. I mean we have had them since I have gotten here but I have never felt one before. Or at least I never noticed it. But Sundays was pretty big tremor. It was like a big jolt and then a little rumble. It kinda freaked me out cuz I didnt know what it was.

We go to Disney World pretty soon. I wish I could be more excited but I'm not. I feel so bed cuz Matthew is SOOO excited and I'm not. Truth be told I wish we were going home instead. Maybe it's just because I've never been before, but I am way more excited about March than I am about December. And I feel so bad

We put up our Christmas decorations at the store on Sunday. It was kinda fun. I think that Matthew bonded with Ralph a little. it was nice to see them get along. I listened to the CD Ralph and his group just recorded. Its all this gangster rap. I was just laughing, I mean it's good, really good. But rapper Ralph is SOOOO different from the Ralph I work with. He;s all talkin about bein street and niggas and hoes. I just laugh, cuz it is NOT the Ralph I know. My Ralph is a big Goofball. He aint no gansta. LOL. Its so funny.

We also decorated the apartment. I had a hard time with it. Christmas decoating was always a huge thing in our family. We would pile all five of us in dad's truck and we would sing carols and go pick out our tree. Then we would spend the day listening to Christmas music and decorating the tree and the house. So we went and we listened to Matt's burned off Christmas CD on the way to Wal-Mart to buy a fake tree. It wasnt the same. Then I opened up my box of ornament and decorations and a lot of them were from when me and Katie decorated the apartment. And the garland still smelled like the candle we got to put on the coffee table. And the ornament and colors and tinsel were all from me and Katie. And then I opened the box of all my real ornaments. Every year we would get a new ornament for the tree. I am definately doing that with my kids because those ornamenta mean SO much to me now that I am away from home. Its l;ike they each hold the joys of that year in my life. Each one has a memeory and each one a different meaning cuz they are from different times in my life. This is going to be SOOO hard on me. It already is and I havent even been able to live through Thanksgiving yet.

God give me strength.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

All that space up there, and they don't grow evergreen trees? What's up with that? I still buy a new ornament every year, it helps me establish new memories in a new place.

Lew was all upset because you weren't coming home for Thanksgiving, and didn't think he could wait until Christmas. He was even more upset when he found out you weren't coming home for Christmas.