Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

I guess I have been pretty lazy about blogging lately. Not so much lazy as nothing really new and exciting has happened. I'm actuallt getting a bit bored. Cabin fever maybe. It has been really nice this past week. In the thirties. It was nice to see the sun again. We did the bridal fair on Sunday. That was ok. YThere werent a lot of people, but it was a good test run for the Women's show in a month. They had a chocolate fountain. That was cool. You can rent a four teired fountain for $400. But it looks cool. And I also sampled some pretty awful cake. I know that I am spoiled, but COME ON! there was on place that had that nasty frosting thicker than the cake. Yuck. I tell you what mom could bank major cash up here for her cakes, given the competition and the prices they charge for crap. One lady was trying to sell me this cake size, and I'm thinkin, "You dont have any idea who you are talkin to." Dont tell me this $40 cake will only serve 25 people when I know I can get at least 36 pieces out of it. Stop tryin to over charge me, I'm not even interested in cake, I just wanted to try the chocolate fountain! Anyway, that is pretty much it. I am now a certified Pureologist for Pureology. Malu and I took an education seminar on the products, which I could have taught myself. I should just look into becoming an educator, but I dont have a license so I cant. Well, I could, but it would be harder for me to compete with licensed stylists. And it is for reasons such as that, that I should just appentice and get my license, just for creditials. I just dont want to take the boards and risk Mitch failing me and purpose. I know Lori wants me to do it. She wants me to be able to do make up applications and waxings legally, b ut I really dont want to take the test. I dont want to learn how to do roller set, and the proper way to roll a perm. I dont care, I dont want to DO hair, I just want people to see that I know what I'm talking about. Cuz I do. I do know but they always ask, "Atre you a stylist?" I have to ethically say no, and there goes some of my credibility. And dont think I havent thought about saying yes. SAometime s I want to just be like, "Yeah, I used tobut now I am more involved in the buisness part." But I cant bring myself to do it. But you know what, when it comes to hare care, I sometimes know MORE than stylists. Especially about Pureology which brings me full circle to why I should be an educator.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

What do you mean, there's nothing to blog about? What about ice shutting down the city? No pictures? People (meaning me) are interested in this stuff.

I would suggest not dismissing the idea of becoming licensed. Sometimes the perception of credibility is more important than actual credibility. Plus, if you can get Lori to pay for it...

Or you could just make up a title. As I said, it's the perception.