Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 09, 2009

I have to get this out...

...before I explode. When it comes to customers, I have a high level of professionalism. I will joke when the time calls for it, but when I am on the phone, is not the time for jokes. So yesterday I answered the phone and the person that the customer asked for had stepped out and so that is what I told them. And as I was asking if they would like voicemail, one of the tellers hollered that the person was coming back in the back, so I stopped what I was saying to tell the customer that they had just come back, except they hadn't. The teller thought it was a funny joke, except I wasn't laughing. I was pissed because now I look stupid because I just told them they weren't here, then they were here, and then I had to tell them that they weren't actually here. I was so mad. How could you think that was funny? So I looked up at the teller and I knew my face was red, cuz I was mad. They're Like "Oh look at you all embarrassed." Yes, I WAS embarrassed, not because I fell for your stupid "joke" but because you made me look like a fool to the customer on the phone, but mostly because I was pissed off that they would do that while I was on the phone with a customer! I am still upset about it. The customer was laughing after I smoothed it over and explained the mistake, but I just can't believe that. There is a time to joke and there is a time for business.

2 comments:

Julie, Brian, Addy & Evan said...

Ok I play a lot of jokes at work - and that isn't even a funny joke! That's horrible! At White Pigeon Bob left a pink While you were out... message that said Ella Font called and then put the number to the Niabi Zoo on it. Now THAT was funny LOL. I'm still not sure that filling my car to the brim with all the paper from the year-end paper shredding was funny...maybe that will take more time...

Ems said...

And I think that is why I am still upset about it! I can appreciate a good joke, that phone message is great, btw. I think the paper thing will be funny someday, cuz I think its kinda mean, but hilarious all wrapped up in one, if I didnt empathize with the clean up, I would think it was just funny, but I can imagine having to deal with all that paper so I can see it as mean! :)